The Game of Life

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Greetings

Hi Everyone,

I know that it' been ages since either of us have posted anything, but I swore that I would never post a status update on the blog again after all the downright nasty things that people began leaving us in the comments. However, I began to feel bad about that. So here's the deal. I am posting this message and have changed the access to who is allowed to post a comment - anonymous users can no longer post. If the comments still get mean, I'll stop giving updates on new chapters in progress. To those of you who wrote encouraging words and sent us private messages or reviews - THANK YOU! I tried to respond to most of you, but if I missed you, I'm really sorry!

We both apologize for the huge lag time in the update, but you all have to understand that our jobs (aka. making money to live) is a bit more important that writing something that we get nothing from (besides enjoyment) so when we have to work weekends instead of writing or editing, so be it. However, we've recently gotten into a much better pattern of writing and hope that after this chapter, the rest will follow along shortly (closer to the lag between updates that you expected in the past). I know chapter 37 is one of the chapters we're most looking forward too so that should give you some hope that after 36, the next is coming quickly.

12 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, May 14, 2008, Blogger Nessa said…

    THANK YOU FOR UPDATING!!!...I'M SO HAPPY THAT A CHAPTER IS COMING SOON...NESSA

     
  • At 2:46 PM, May 14, 2008, Blogger gilmoregirl145 said…

    can't wait for the update!!!

     
  • At 6:29 PM, May 14, 2008, Blogger LuLu said…

    Glad you two are hard at work I never doubted that fact. I appreciate the response to my previous comment. Keep up the great work and soon we can all enjoy your hard work and creativity.

     
  • At 2:54 AM, May 15, 2008, Blogger beautiful chaos said…

    I am really glad that you guys are still writing. I completely understand that work comes first you have to make a living. I saw some of the comments that people were leaving and I thought that they were so rude. I mean come on you girls do this for fun and everybody should understand that you have to work first. Anyways now that I am over my mini rant I have to say the prospect of getting a new chapter in a week or so sounds so awesome. I can't wait. Thanks for the great story! :)

    BC 21

     
  • At 7:18 PM, May 16, 2008, Blogger Meep said…

    I am thrilled that the next chapter is coming. My birthday is next week, and I couldn't think of a better gift!
    I'm currently writing my own story, and I have learned so much from your writing style, I hope my story is better!
    I just want to congratulate you on an absolutely amazing story and I hope that ever when The Game of Life is over, you will continue to write other stories for your devoted fans!
    Much love,
    Sassyani!!!

     
  • At 5:34 PM, May 18, 2008, Blogger Rebecca Jill said…

    Hi girls,
    I totally would not have blamed you if you never updated the story or this blog ever again. It was scary to see all of those comments.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading a continuation of the story.
    Glad to know that y'all are okay.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, May 19, 2008, Blogger Allison Urbaniak said…

    THanks for updating, you have a lot of people waiting for that next chapter :-) Looking foward to the next chapters. Sorry that people have been so rude but thanks for not punishing the rest of us :-D

     
  • At 6:15 PM, May 20, 2008, Blogger Unknown said…

    thanks for the update, i really appreciate it. i for one was worried when you hadn't posted anything, glad to hear all is well

     
  • At 7:25 PM, May 21, 2008, Blogger Meg Davis said…

    Thanks for the update!! I am so glad to hear from you! I was worried something had happened to one of you. Glad to hear all is well though, and I hope your move was smooth and you have settled in at your new job! Thank you so much for taking the time to update for us all, despite you inhibitions!
    Thanks again, cant wait for the new chapter!!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, May 25, 2008, Blogger inomniaparatus16 said…

    thanks for updating!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait for the new chapter to be posted. i have had the worst week ever and when i saw you'd be posting the new chapter soon my week instantly got better. i know you have been busy, i totally understand. i just want to say this is the BEST story i have ever read and your awseome. well i wish you luck on the story and stay safe!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, May 25, 2008, Blogger Meep said…

    I know this is beginning to annoy you, but today is my birthday, and probably the crappiest one in history. So it would really make me so much happier if you could post today or tomorrow. And I get that you lead busy lives, but you really did promise that the next chapter would be up this weekend, and we are all waiting rather impatiently!
    Please, I love you guys, but I am totally missing the next chapter!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, May 25, 2008, Blogger Unknown said…

    i'm so glad that you guys are updating soon, i love your story. i think most people understand that making a living is more important than writing, and we all understand that everyone gets busy. i hope the updates out soon, and i'm sure it will be amazing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home